Sunday, January 15, 2012

You live and learn

I keep forgetting this whole "healing from the inside" thing. I start to look at my self and I think I am looking pretty good, so I start picking things up (like my 25lb baby) and then at 3:00am I wake up and want to die. So I am back to square one of sitting on the couch, reading, watching Sex in the City ( up to season 3!)

I had two doctor visits this week. The plastic surgeon said everything looks great and the breast surgeon said the same thing, which is probably where I got my false assumption that I could do everything like normal again. Oops. So for anyone considering this type of surgery, one of my biggest words or wisdom, is rest. And then rest some more. And even a little more.

Perhaps the greatest part of both my doctor's appointments this week, even more so then them telling me how great my results looked, was the little piece of paper that stated this:



NO CANCER!!!!! I know I had already been told on the phone, but to have that sheet of paper in my hands and to see those words "negative for malignancy" was one of the greatest moments of my life.

So I am still living and learning about what it means to relax and heal and all that jazz. Buy the one thing I do know, is that my newly formed lady parts are cancer free.

Happy dance time!! (and I did, in the Starbucks, in Panera for lunch, in the car while riding, in the grocery store....)

1 comment:

  1. That is a beautiful piece of paper, indeed! Celebrate it! You deserve it. I'm proud of you. Don't overdo it so you can keep healing nicely. :)

    ReplyDelete