Thursday, January 5, 2012

I survived!

I am now 12 hours post surgery. I am very, very sore. But, it's done! I survived!
I don't remember much from when I entered the OR due to some fabulous medicine they gave me. When I woke up I wasn't really sure what I would be thinking. Of course my first thought was "ouch!!" but there was also a giant sense of relief. The anxiety building up these past couple days was ridiculous.

I have looked at the results a little. Not too much yet since there is lots of bandaging, but so far I am thrilled with the results! Doing the one step process straight to implant was definitely the right choice for me. Coming out of surgery and still looking like a woman helped with the self esteem doubts I was having.

I will post more later, but for now, those amazing medicines are kicking in and I am crashing !

No comments:

Post a Comment