Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Nesting

I remember when I was pregnant and everyone told me that I would "nest" before the baby got here. Meaning I would clean and organize and get everything ready. Well my pre-baby had nothing on my pre-surgery nesting! I think it has been my brains way of staying in denial and self preservation today, but my toilets are so clean you could probably lick them.

Now, however, the cleaning is done and it is almost time for me to pop an Ambien in hopes of actually sleeping. My head hurts, my stomach hurts, I feel like throwing up and crying all at the same time. I'm a little of a mess. A loved mess though. I can't thank my friends and family for the outpouring of support and encouragement I have received over the past few days! It has helped tremendously and I know that I am truly blessed to have each and every one of you in my life. You are all so very amazing and loved as well.

11 hours and counting.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! I am 35, BRCA1 and had my PBM on Dec. 19th. Everything went better than I could have ever expected. I am 2 weeks out and my husband has to keep reminding me not to do too much. No amount of discomfort compares to the anxiety I felt before surgery. A week from now, you will be soooo relieved to have it all behind you. Focus on that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you, Kim! Hang in there. Praying for you and also, I have always wanted to come lick your toilets. Sounds like now would be a good time. :)

    ReplyDelete