Monday, January 9, 2012

Five days post op

I am now on day five post op from my surgery. So far so good! I am staying on top of the pain with my pain meds, having a Sex In The City marathon, and eating delish food provided by the most wonderful friends in the world. I have my follow up appointments on Wednesday with the plastic surgeon to get my drains removed and with the breast surgeon to check on my healing.

A huge thank you to my youngest sister for coming up and rolling around on the floor with my baby since I am not able to!

Overall, things haven't been too bad. Definite soreness. Limited mobility. But now that the surgery is over, my anxiety level is way down. The only thing I am really anxious about now is getting my pathology report back from the dr. That report will tell me if there were any pre-cancerous findings or abnormalities. I am praying for nothing but clear results!

So now, as I sit surrounded by beautiful bouquets of flowers and get well cards, I will go sip on some coffee and catch up on Carrie, Miranda, Charlotte, and Samantha!

2 comments:

  1. How is your stomach that flat after having a baby?!!!

    Oh......and I'm so happy you're feeling good and the surgery is behind you. Praying for a super fast recovery!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog and am so thankful I did. I was just diagnosed with very early breast cancer. I'm going to be tested for BRCA. I've already decided I want bilateral mastectomy and reconstruction. Your blog made me feel so much better!!! THANK YOU!! Glad you are feeling better each day.

    ReplyDelete