Thursday, January 19, 2012

Rough Night

Ouch. Ouch. Ouch.
That pretty much describes my last night. I don't know what it was but last night was actually one of my worst evenings of pain I have had yet. Now I did have my stitches removed. And the surgeon did this moving my implant thing around to see how they are settling. And I have been working on coming off my pain medicine. So perhaps the combination of the three wasn't made for a good nights sleep.

I have been asked the question "what is next?" for me. Definite healing for a couple more weeks, months and applying my very pricy scar reduction medicine to help me feel beautiful. The plastic surgeon mentioned yesterday that in 2-3 months we can start talking about nipple reconstruction. Today the thought of another surgery makes me want to punch him, however maybe in a couple months I will be less likely for that violence.

After all that, I live. And laugh. And God willing have another baby. And I run my half marathon (ha ha) that I will be training for. There will come the time after a baby that I will have to re-address my BRCA status and talk about removing my ovaries due to the increase in Ovarian Cancer . According to the OBGYN, that surgery is nothing compared to a mastectomy with reconstruction. And the people that I have talked to tell me that a week after it they were out doing their thing again.

But by far the coolest thing that I will be doing next is NOT worrying about breast cancer.

For now, I am going to take a full pain pill ( maybe I will try my half of one again tomorrow) and do that thing that is so hard for me to do....rest!!

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there and get some rest!! Praying for you and for the pain to disappear.

    ReplyDelete