Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Scars

As much as I had been dreading the drains, they actually haven't been that horrible. My husband empties them three timed a day and records the "stuff" that has been collected inside. I think that I have been lucky in that there really hasn't been that much "stuff".

That being said, I won't miss them one little bit when they come out tomorrow. I have heard the actual process hurts as the surgeon basically just grabs them and pulls them out. So that part shouldn't be exciting. I am a little nervous tomorrow also because my surgical tape will be coming off which will show me for the first time where my scars will be and how they will look. I know over time, they will fade, but that initial look is a little scary to think about. A woman told me recently that her scars are her badges of courage. What a great way to think about them. Badges of courage, of a choice I made to keep myself around.

  I invite people to check out a website that I found once called The Scar Project  
http://www.thescarproject.org/

Beautiful women with beautiful scars leading beautiful lives. Nothing better!

No comments:

Post a Comment