Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A beautiful day!!

It poured rain ALL day. But today was a beautiful day. First of all, my drains came out and as much as I had dreaded that process, it was a piece of cake that took about 2 minutes. Second, my surgeon called and my pathology report came back and he reported to me that there there were NO PRE CANCEROUS ANYTHINGS to be found! None. Nada. Not a one. Zip. Zilch.

So as I look at the window at the rain pouring down, I think to myself, "what an absolutely beautiful day."

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! That is great news!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want you to know how much you have helped me mentally over the past few days. You are so encouraging and you make me feel so much better. I am being tested for the BRCA gene next week since I have such a strong family history. I have pretty much already decided that I am getting the bilateral mastectomy though. I was diagnosed with breast cancer in Dec. I keep being told that it's curable and they want me to do all the lumpectomy and radiation stuff but I'm scared of all of that and I'm scared for my future. I'm being tested not only for piece of mind...because then the decision will be easier...but for my daughter and my sisters. I just read your whole blog and you sound just like me in your first posts. So whether you've been diagnosed or not, the fears and feelings are the same. Thank you so much for blogging your journey. It has helped me more than you'll ever know.
    Marge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marge, Your words have been encouraging to me the past few messages.I remember looking and looking and looking at blogs wanting to relate to someone, anyone. So to know that it I have helped you makes it all worth it. The piece of mind of the test, the knowledge of knowing you can do something and the fact that it can help your future children/sisters is so very amazing. The anxiety of waiting before the surgery was MUCH worse then anything. I wish you the best of luck. You are a hero!

      Delete