Sunday, November 13, 2011

"I'm scared"

My neighbor's little girl has started walking around saying "I'm scared." We are pretty sure she really doesn't get the concept yet of what she is saying, but I can totally relate. I am scared. I have done pretty well the past week or so. I have been feeling fairly confident in the choices that I have been making in regards to all of this BRCA 1 stuff. I think that my fears are beginning to resurface due to the fact that when I look on the calendar, I see my appointment with the breast surgeon and general surgeon are coming up in a week. And based on how those appointments go, I may be picking a date for the surgery. So it becomes real again.

I think that I have become pretty good at pretending normal in the past two weeks. So now in a week I am going to have to face reality again. I want to be brave. I want to be 100% sure I am doing the right thing. I want to not have to go through something painful. So in the words of my sweet little neighbor, I am scared.

1 comment:

  1. :-( I'm sorry you're scared. I will pray for you to become unscared! Love u!

    ReplyDelete