Wednesday, February 15, 2012

6 Week Update

6 weeks out and feeling good!

Tomorrow marks my 6 week mark from my PBM and I am feeling pretty darned good I must say. I am very blessed so far that things are continuing to heal wonderfully. My range of motion is almost at 100%. I no longer have nagging, constant pain. There are some places of sensitivity when touched. I have an occasional muscle spasm. But as a whole, I feel really good. I even have more feeling then I thought I would have. My scars have really smoothed out and are fading from the harsh red of surgery to a softer pink. And they better have after the money I spent on the "good" scar cream from the plastic surgeon :) Well worth it I think!

For those of you reading who are getting ready for surgery or just in the beginnings of the healing process, know that it gets better! I am able to pick up my son (25 pound son!) with no problem. I can sleep on either of my sides with no pain. I have been to the gym and worked out and am looking forward to beginning to run again once I build up my courage! I can look at myself in the mirror and NOT hate what I see.

The next part of this adventure takes place in 2 weeks. Nipple reconstruction. I am a little nervous about this since it's another surgery and I am finally almost pain free. Hopefully it will go as smoothly as the rest of this has. It's kind of an amazing process how they can create the nipple by making an incision and using your own skin. And then 6 weeks after that, the tattooed color added on to make them look more natural. 

Here is hoping that I will feel even more amazing in another 6 weeks!

The Nipple Reconstruction process:

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on feeling better! So happy you've reached a place of some peace :-) Thank you so much for blogging. I have a 1&3 yr old & planning for PBM later this year. I have closely been following your blog as I freak out about how I'm going to care for them. Thank you for being brave & sharing yor story! (I found your link on FORCE). Good luck!!! With your next surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're feeling better and of course, I'm ecstatic about your new nipples. I know you've been wanting some for a long time..... :)
    Hugs and Love!!

    ReplyDelete