Monday, December 12, 2011

Girl Power

When my mom passed away from breast cancer many years ago, I was only 16. It's a hard age anyways, but to have the person taken from me that is supposed to be there for me in the years to come as my role model, encourager, cheer leader,and inspiration was devastating. But a wonderful thing happened in this loss. An abundance of amazing women were placed into my life. It's almost like God knew that I would need some extra love and support and I have been absolutely blessed by the moms, friends, sisters, and family members who have taken me under their wings, guided me, supported me, and overall loved me.

And it has never been more clear then now just how amazing these women are. I am getting daily reminders from these phenomenal ladies about how much I am loved and supported. I am being told stories of their struggles with issues that are similar to mine that have never been told. Whether in the form of a letter or a phone call or text or message on Facebook,  these contacts from these women have been helping me stay positive in a situation that I have often felt not-so-positive about.

So this post is a huge THANK YOU to all of the ladies in my life. Young or old, related or not, you are all cherished by me and I can only hope to one day repay the kindness and love that you are all showing me.

There is nothing like some girl power to brighten up your day/week/month/life!

(there are some pretty great men in my life too...so not to leave you out...thank you!! )

1 comment:

  1. Girl, they may take your breasts, but they can NEVER take your tender loving heart. You amaze me. You are about to do something major, and you are thanking people for being there. Kimmy, our lives are better because we have you in it. God bless you and Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete