Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Crocodile Tears

This week marked the first week of separation anxiety with my son. Dropping him off at daycare has become a heart wrenching experience. His lower lip starts quivering and then these huge crocodile tears start falling! It's a horrible feeling to walk away from that sweet little boy as he cries for his mommy.

I think I am feeling some separation anxiety as well. I am anxious about removing my breasts. It's not that I feel particularly attached to them, except for the fact that they are attached to me! But it's the thought of removing pieces of my body. And wondering (and REALLY hoping) that I will still look okay afterwards.

I am still 100% certain that this surgery is the right thing to do for me. There is no second guessing. Just a little sadness. A sadness that has caused a couple of my own crocodile tears to fall this week.

1 comment: